{ J A M K A B L A M ! }

19.12.05

The Weekend Report

Reunion of the Starcomcized

My Starcom family invited me for some unidentified affair. Were we having some little Christmas party? I had no idea but I assumed it was something like that. The whole day I was at Makati, with Kat and our boss of course. And the thing about that Insular luncheon is another story. A long story. Anyway, at the end of the day (I hate using this) it was just Me, Shey and Rein who met up. Originally we planned on going to Rein’s friend’s wedding but we got tired and lazier by the minute and so we just had dinner at KFC. After dinner, we went to the park but there was no more seat available so we opted to go to Starbucks and sat outside, where the cold permeated our skin even if we were already wearing thick jackets. It was already 10:30 and I was supposed to be on my way getting home already since that is the latest I could stay in Makati in order to catch up a ride in Monumento. But since Rein and Shey had something to tell me, (and they even haven’t started yet!) I had to stay… ok for at least 20 mins. But as we all know, time is like your friendly hungry mosquito. It flies so fast! Furthermore, Rein speaks for 30 minutes, something you could re-tell another friend for just 5 minutes! And before I knew it, it was already 11:20. I should have expected this. Mukang magigising nanaman ako sa ibang kuwarto. And since I couldn’t sleep at Shey’s mansion at that time, we stayed at Rein’s. Yep. Stayed not Slept. We didn’t sleep and I felt guilty because Rein had only an hour of sleep previously because of work. Nevertheless, we stayed at Rein’s and because they had to continue the story, we needed some liquid.


Beer Competitives: THE PRODUCT BLINDFOLD TEST VERSION

Rein and I went to 7-11 to buy some beer. Shey was palpitating so she had to stay. At 7-11, there was no more SML so we had to choose among the San Miguel brands. We started a conversation about beers, from Pale Pilsen’s lawsuits on the dark bottle, to Beer na Beer’s controversial generic brand name – a conversation over the fridge that lasted for 10 mins. In between that and choosing which beer to buy, I came up with the most brilliant idea a human being could ever come up with in a span of a decade. Why don’t we try different brands and have a blindfold test? Great! But since we had limited budget, we only had money for one product line (I’m not sure if it’s the proper term) – which is the extra strong beer. We bought Red Horse (for SMC) and Colt 45 (for Asia Brewery). 500 ml each and a smaller bottle of Super Dry. I really wanted to try Beer na Beer against Pale (dahil sa commercial ‘to na ayaw paniwalaan ng ate kong pareho lang ang lasa nila) but I forgot to suggest na yun nalang! Then we bought fish crackers, some chips and special bibingka – a way of keeping that Christmas spirit in us perhaps while discussing some unsettled problem with the other starcommies.

Madali lang naman ma-identify which one is COLT45 and which is REDHESB (code yan ng Red Horse Extra Strong for AC Nielsen, which is sometimes REDHB). Ang Red Horse, extra strong talaga. Ang Colt, wala lang para lang syang tubig. Pero mas marami yata syang malt. Well, kaya nga sya tinawag na malt liquor eh noh. Si Shey naman patuloy ang pagyoyosi kahit na nahihirapang huminga. Parang ako nagkakape kahit na mamamatay na. Pasaway talaga.

We stayed up till late… ay mali. We stayed up till morning pala. But of course there are some idlip episodes pero malas mo lang kasi when one of us is awake and the other sleeps, bubuhusan ng malamig na tubig ung tulog. Bawal kasi matulog eh. Dapat nakatirik parin ang mata. We stayed outside sitting in front of our food-packed table. It was dawn and we had no energy left. When all the members of the family finally awoke, we had to go. Rein’s mom wanted us to eat breakfast first. Pero nakakahiya na so we had to leave. Then we were gone, a hint of despair still in our groggy eyes. But not completely discounting the thought that everything (whichever one it is) will be alright someday. On to the next party! But not till I get enough sleep.


A Brief Account of The Pageshop So-Happy Party Part 2

I knew it would happen. 7 out of 12... Well, that’s majority. But it’s so unlike before. It felt as if no one cared anymore. And Christmastime is not so Christmassy anymore. Well that’s just how it felt. Is it really that way or am I just… getting old?

As expected, we spent too much time looking for a place. But there were just too much people everywhere we went! We had no choice but to go to this bar with hip-hop performers posing as makabayans who convey their message through an array of painfully repetitive songs with excruciating lyrics that rhyme on every other word. God! I hate hip-hop! I could bear show bands more. I never liked hip-hop even when everyone in school loved it. For me it was either for the rich konyos or for the jologs. I was neither and so I stayed away.

Though it wasn’t much of his own crowd, JMK went. I can’t believe how amused he was over my seemingly excessive hair growth. And I can’t believe I actually wanted it cut!

As expected, Yanx, Ren and I slept over at the Pageshop office. We ate at Big Scoop for lunch. They went to divisoria and I headed home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home