{ J A M K A B L A M ! }

21.3.04

Rainbow bright memories
In the past week i've been reminiscing and missing my rainbow bright lunchbox days. There's this certain scent that makes me travel back to my childhood - to when i was still watched over by the babysitter for siesta (preventing me from going out to play with the neighborhood kids). Do you know what this scent is? it's the scent of floorwaxed floor. When i was a kid, that smell lingered partly because the maid cleans and waxes almost everyday, another thing because we didn't have much visitors then who were supposed to wipe out the shine and suck up the smell. Now, everytime we waxed up the house i would get excited because of the nostalgia it creates up my stomach. It just seemed everything was so simple as breathing and playing. And like a child on vacation from school, id do everything to savor each moment with this house until i get a job which would probably give me enough pressure to not appreciate the simplicity i was raised up with as a child. I remember an interviewer asking me how many years i've been living there. All my life, i reply.

I wouldn't exchange this place for any big house there in the south. Even if work will be very far away, i will look forward to going home each day to this place that gives me peace and comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home