{ J A M K A B L A M ! }

18.3.04

Faith and Employment

i had a job interview yesterday sa Robinsons Homes Incorporated and as what was expected of jam the advertising graduate, i was not in business attire. i thought the hr wouldn't notice but i think that was one of the factors they consider in accepting employees and she asked me why i was not in the proper attire. i made an excuse... a CREATIVE excuse at that! in my 2nd interview however, the marketing boss liked my credentials (or that's what he made me think). He got interested in my works and made me pass my "portfolio" within the week. he asked me repeatedly if i was ready for the pressure to work. i told him of course! (what's the difference with the school org and workplace pressure anyways?) then he made me tell the hr na sya nalang ang kakausap sa kanya. katbau told me when it was her turn they talked about me and how i go about going to manila back and forth from bulacan and how many graphic and web designs i've made so far. oh good now he's interviewing my reference!

i don't have any idea of a starting salary but i put there 12Thou. they told me it was too big! 8 thou daw kasi ang normal! what? tapos 8-6pm ung pasok Mondays to Saturdays!! will that be enough to cover my food and travel expenses? well siguro kung ang kinakain mo sa lunch ay isaw, fishballs at kanin then tubig for drink okay lang. hmp! im still waiting for other companies to contact me, kaso lang what if they decide to hire me right away then i don't accept it, tapos hindi na ever tumawag ung ibang bigating comapanies? or if i accept the job, biglang may tumawag na iba?? HELP! well if you're wondering what my job at robinsons would be, it is (i don't know if either) coordinating with the ad agency or doing the creatives such as conceptualizing an ad campaign, desigining the layout of the ads (even updating the site! i don't thnk dapat scope ko to!). i asked them kung ang kakalabasan ko nito parang Accounts sabi nila hindi. i asked them kung Brand Manager... hmmm... so-so lang daw. I REALLY DON'T GET IT. Secretary yata ako dito eh.. how do u like it ill be a Marketing Secretary parang si Bambi hehe. well speaking of experience siguro maganda ung work (and i like to be in the creatives side) pero i wanna survive without the financial help of my parents eh.. sige na nga ill wait nalang for the other companies to call up. if they don't, no prob! might as well apply as KatC's secretary.. hekhek!!
segway lang... you won't believe what just happened to me in between typing my previous entry..

there's this man in his 40's i think who rang our doorbell. he gave me this pamphlet entitled Sino talaga ang nagpupuno sa sanlibutan. you know, the pamphlets evangelists usually give out to people with drawings of faces of people and sometimes pictures of black people as illustrations per page. he asked me who i think it was.
sabi ko si Lord.
then he made me read the first paragraph.
Maraming tao ang sasagot sa katanungang ito ng isang salita lamang - ang Diyos. Subalit kapansin-pansin, wala saanman sa Bibliya ang nagsasabi na si Jesu-Kristo o ang kaniyang Ama ang tunay na mga pinuno ng sanlibutang ito. Sa kabaligtaran, sinabi ni Jesus: "Ang pinuno ng sanlibutang ito ay dumarating. At siya'y walang anuman sa akin." - Juan 12:31; 14:30; 16:11.

Kaya ang pinuno ng sanlibutang ito ay laban kay Jesus. Sino kaya ito?

then he explained! i couldn't tell him the computer was turned on so like it couldn't entertain him for a long time eh nakakahiya naman. un pala naalala ko sinabi pala nya sakin na "...bible study" siguro sabi nya pwede ka bang mag bible study kahit sandali? eh hindi ko naman kasi sya maintindihan. anyway i got interested not only in what he was telling me. i was amused of the chances that he went to our house evangelizing me when i was already halfway reading joyce's book Left Behind. (im reading it for 2 years now! hehe) iniisip ko lang.. hindi kaya malapit na ang end of the world? natatakot ako baka magaya ako kay Rayford. He was the pilot there who didn't believe his wife at first. But when he got left behind, his eagerness to study the bible was so much that her daughter not believing him and the church had him troubled that he cried himself to sleep. anyway they asked me kung ok lang magbible study ako. i told them ok lang sa Sundays nalang and so is the beginning of my new life! hehe well maybe it's time i learned my bible noh.. my family really isn't that religious but there was a time we made it a point to always go to church. we even attended The Loved Flock, which was a charismatic community organized by bro. bingbong crisologo (if u heard of him, his family was the #1 rival of the Singsons in Ilocos). pero kulang pa un. di ko nga alam if my dad even knows the bible exists. ngayon nga hindi na kami pumupunta ng church as in! i even planned on applying as organist sa church samin pero di natuloy. siguro nga it's time i learned my bible though i couldn't see me evangelizing my own parents. i couldn't even convince them not to vote for FPJ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home