{ J A M K A B L A M ! }

16.11.03

manila tour
my sister and i went cruising 'round manila bay together with her friends and the experience was awesome! Although I was the youngest and no one was of the same age as me, I still enjoyed myself because aside from the fact that the conversation of the older ones was so entertaining, the feeling of being there at the heart of the bay was freedom from everything on land. We had a chat with the captain and he said that the farthest place the yacht could ever go to is Hong Kong. but because the yacht is only meant for cruising, the trip would last for 3 days and 4 nights.

We were not able to see the sunset but it was okay cause the captain said we would have not been able to view it because it was cloudy. And besides, I was looking forward to the yacht cruise more than the view of the setting sun. when we were in the middle, the view of the bay was dark from the deck but I could still see the city lights and the other boats. I took a picture of some of them, but the pix were a disgrace to the field of photography. The camera I brought wasn't for professionals so I was not able to adjust the aperture, shutter speed, etc.. it was so windy and I was drowning of air I could not concentrate on breathing normally. We drank the pepsi blue (it was terrible), the junk food and coffee crumble they bought for their friend jude's birthday (in Wishcraft I got used to calling the old people by their names and not use words for courtesy) and I was so amused by the stories they tell because they were so funny. Cecille or Polau seized the captain's seat and drove the yacht 'round and round (literally) I bet the manila bay got dizzy of it.

After the yacht we went for a decent dinner at a nearby resto (i deeply regret I forgot the name) and while the girls and boys were waiting for the food I got preoccupied watching the strange sea creatures swim around in their aquarium and the huge tiliapias open and close their mouth to see if they have a tongue. I got amazed by the restaurant’s sink because they had a banga tilted down to serve as the gripo. I wondered at first if it was just a deco but then the ‘sink’ had a soap and tissue dispenser and when my sister and I inspected it, turned out it had a switch. We washed our hands at the sink and when we were about to leave, a man in his early 40s was about to do the same but did not know how. He reached inside the banga to get water until my sister showed him the switch. I was laughing hard after that cause I imagined myself doing the same thing had my sister not discovered the secret switch to that mysterious water.

Apparently, Saturday night would not be complete without beer so the old companions decided to go to Roxas blvd. for inuman. The waiters were hobbits… I mean I’m a hobbit too but they were superhobbits or unanos. We stayed there till 4 in the morning and there was a total of 3 friendly people approaching our table. First, a mute-deaf woman asked us for money but they don’t have money anymore so told her ‘no’ in sign language. Second, another woman asked us for bread but we didn’t have any bread, only beer… ces had chips with her so she gave her that instead. The unusual thing was that when the old lady was asking for help she looked pale, but when ces was about to give her chips, she ran to her and snatched the chips away. Third, a man in his early 50s sang for us with his guitar. At first he sang the meteor garden theme ‘cant help fallin’ but they requested another song. His audience (my sister et al) sang with him. I was not pleased actually with his songs cause he struck the wrong chords. The master widower me has sensitive ears you know so if only I didn't have my dignity with me I would have shouted the right notes at him. But of course, with my ates and kuyas, if I did that, id expect a spanking.



my yacht (haha!)


Pespsi Blue: the taste of sugar and water in BLUE form


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home