{ J A M K A B L A M ! }

18.2.04

He's now with Rico Yan!
last year... umm i think that was last last year, two years ago, time when rico yan died, i wrote an essay about my musings on how someone as young as rico would succumb too earlier than someone as old as my grandfather, who was then confined at the lung center. of course i didn't want my lolo to leave us just yet.. it's just that i'm so proud of him living long a life (he should be 95 in June this year). Everytime we had him checked up or confined in a hospital, death was out of the question. he was a tough one for a 90-something-old-lolo and he had too much to say (although that time, understanding his sentences were quite hard work) - he put so much effort in telling us things, even small things like who the man standing beside his hospital roomate is, who was indeed his roomate's husband.

these past few weeks, my lolo's ability to interact, even eat, has finally faded. sunday, a day after our graduation, my relatives called us to go to the province cause my lolo has suddenly become so weak. they would not talk about him dying although the idea was there all along. we brought him to Bulacan to my tita so we could all take care of him.

the next Sunday, i prayed to God for another year but of course i knew it was foolish. i just accepted it and told Him that if that's what He wants then His Will shall be done. why shouldn't i let God have him? the world enjoyed 94 years of being with my Apong. Sila naman =)

The next day, Apong was gone.
And it's okay..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home